Scotland's Highlands & Islands Lonely Planet BookLomond Books Ltd
Lonely Planet's Scotland's Highlands & Islands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you.
Sip the water of life, whisky, in an ancient pub; walk the West Highland Way (or a little bit of it) for some of the country's finest scenery; and join a ceiliah for an evening of Scottish dancing. All with your trusted travel companion.
Get to the heart of Scotland's Highlands & Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's Scotland's Highlands & Islands:
- Full colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience - covering history, people, music, religion, cuisine, politics.
Covers West Highland Way, Central Highlands, The Great Glen & Lochaber, Skye & The Western Isles, Northwest Highlands, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, and more.