Refunds and Returns
If you have a need to consider a refunds or return, you've likely ordered a product from us, which means we owe you a big "thank you!". Nothing makes us happier than happy Penny Black customers, and as such, we promise to do our very best to provide an amazing product and customer experience, and rest assured, to make right any hiccups along the way. So, here's how we do things when it comes to refunds and returns:
- You may cancel your order at any time prior to dispatch
- You may return your purchase within 30 days of ship date
- Authorisation for your return is required before you return the item to us - this is so we know to expect it, and can ensure we know what action to take
- We endeavour to process return requests, receipt of returns and refunds as quickly as possible
- Other than in the case of faulty products, we will only accept the return of unopened and unused products that are in a saleable condition.
- Unfortunately, given the nature of them, personalised items and balloons that have been inflated with air or helium, cannot be returned unless the item is faulty.
We want you to love your purchase. However, if you are unhappy with it for any reason, please contact us in the first instance and we will work together to try to resolve the issue.
Where a refund is approved for any reason, we endeavour to process it as soon as possible but guarantee it will be processed within 14 working days of agreement. Refunds will be made to the original payment method. An email will be sent to you to confirm when a refund has been issued and keep in mind it may take up to 7 working days for the refund to show in your account.
Returning an item
- Contact us to obtain a Return Authorisation
- Package your return. All items to be returned (other than those which are faulty) must be in a saleable condition and returned in their original protective packaging, while the outer packaging can be of your choice (i.e. box, padded envelope, etc)
- Include your Return Authorisation Number - make sure this is included inside the package.
- Address your package: Returns Dept, Penny Black Glasgow Ltd, 721-723 Great Western Road, Glasgow, G12 8QX.
- Send It. It is advised that you use Royal Mail Recorded Delivery to return your item so you can ensure receipt at our warehouse. The package is your responsibility until it arrives at our warehouse, so we recommend that you keep a certificate of posting for your records. Please note the costs of returning items will be at your own expense unless faulty or otherwise agreed with us.
In the unlikely case that the items are received damaged or not re-saleable, we reserve the right not to provide a refund to you and you will be responsible for the cost of such items being returned to you within 28 days. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Postage and Packaging
In the case that items you have purchased are faulty or damaged, we will refund all postage and packaging costs you have paid for receipt and return of the item, unless it was sent to you with other items you are not returning.
So that we can refund your return postage cost, please include a copy of the receipt detailing your postage costs - without this we can only refund you the cost of the item being returned.
A package may be "undelivered" for a number of reasons, typically where the shipping address is incorrect, an item requiring a signature has not been signed for or a failed delivery attempt has not been collected from collection office and has then been returned to sender.
Where an undelivered package is returned to us, we will issue a full refund for the purchase excluding shipping fee. We are unable to re-send undelivered packages, so if you would still like the item, please place a new order.